I’m back! Sorry for the lack of posting lately but we’re in the beginning stages of transition both at home and at work. But I will post as often as I can when I can until the transition is complete. In the meantime, feel free to re-read and comment on anything I’ve posted about before. I love interaction and discussion so feel free to chime in whenever you desire.
My husband and I were watching Married At First Sight and one of the things we’ve noticed is how much the couples on the show skirt around communication. When we attended a marriage workshop over a decade ago, one of the first things said was to always maintain open and honest communication. It was said that communication is the key to a successful relationship. However, the longer we stay married and the more new couples we see, it does makes one wonder if communication is still a thing within relationships.
To us, we couldn’t do without communication. My husband and I are big on communication. It doesn’t matter whether it’s verbal or non-verbal, we are constantly and consistently communicating. It’s probably one of the reasons why we’ve lasted so long. It’s helped us to understand each other. It’s helped us to grow thicker skin. It’s helped us to be comfortable with one another. Communication opens couples up to the other’s view point. It doesn’t mean that each side of the couple have to agree on the topic but knowing where each person stands will help to allow the other to know how far to go with it.
So, here are my questions for discussion:
- Is communication still needed and used in modern relationships?
- How is communication used in modern relationships?
- Is miscommunication discussed in modern relationships? How so?
- Does your partner know your ways of non-communication? If not, will you discuss it with them or do you believe they should figure it out on their own through trial and error?
- What ways can you better communication between you and your partner?
- What are you willing to do to better communication between you and your partner?
- Do you know what communication style they prefer you use to communicate with them?
- How often are you willing to communicate with your partner in the style they need?
- Does this style conflict with how you would like to communicate with your partner?
- Have you thought about communication with your partner this in depth before? Why or why not?
Until next time, I hope to increase communication on my blog with my readers. I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions, so feel free to write to me in the Talk To Me section below.